Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shaelynn Noel Church....has arrived!

She got here on December 20th, 2008 at 10:44 a.m. and weighed 7 lbs. and was 19 in. long!
I had planned to have a natural delivery with no epidural......but she kinda changed the plan.....
we ended up having an emergency C-section after trying to turn her manually, because she was breech! They got her turned and we were starting to get excited about that when they said her heart rate had dropped to 50 and we were heading to the O.R. Everybody was just rushing around me and it was probably the scariest thing I've ever experienced, but they had her out in about 5 minutes and she was doing great! I wouldn't ever recommend a C-section, because I am still feeling pretty rough.....but we are sure glad that everyone is here, healthy, and happy!
My precious little angel baby! Can you believe my 4th child was my smallest and the only one I didn't have to push out?
Mikelle, Tyler, and Austin came to see their new sister and they all just love her! Mikelle is especially happy to have a sister (she'd hold her 24/7 if she could), Austin is very possesive and thinks that she is his....he wants to be independent and hold her all by himself (it's so cute), Tyler is happy to have his little sister here.....he held her once and then he was good! :)
What an adorable little Christmas present!!! We love her so much!
She is soooooo tiny! This newborn outfit I brought to the hospital to bring her home in just drownded her! Her feet only went to the knee spots....Our first day at home......she is 3 days old here.....so precious!!!





10 comments:

Di said...

What a doll! She's beautiful, and YOU are looking wonderful too! Sorry it was scary for a few minutes, but glad she's fine! Congrats to all of you, what a great Christmas present! ps- I LOVE Noel!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

OH congrats to you! I have been thinking about you and wondering when that baby was going to be born. And oh, the cruel irony about the smallest one being the one that gets delivered by C-section. I hope you can get some rest and heal up. I am glad you are all ok.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

OH, and the advantage of C-section babies is that they have perfectly round heads from day 1! She's beautiful.

Staci said...

Are you home in Kanab or at your parents house in St. George? The Relief Society would like to bring in meals but we don't know when you will be home. I will drive by your house in a minute and see if you are home. Let us know what we can do. Call my cell 616-1230! Congratulations, what a wonderful Christmas present! I am glad you two are healthy. Merry Christmas!

Megs said...

Congrats!!!! Man, you would NEVER guess that you feel rough- you look gorgeous in that pic! :D I hope that you recover really quickly, I have many friends that have had to have C-sections...they suck! But your beautiful baby is here and healthy- so worth the stress! She is just beautiful!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift, they grow up so fast- lets you and I promise to TRY to enjoy it while they are so little! :D Have a wonderful Christmas Mica- you deserve it!!!!!

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

She is soooo cute! I loved visiting you and holding your sweet baby! Congrats again! I hope you are getting lots of rest!

Wyatt Stevens Miles said...

Congratulations Church family,

She's beautiful. Best of wishes to all of you in the new year.

RY & MAND WRIGHT said...

She is so adorable I can't believe she is already here how neat your kids are so cute I saw your mom and dad and the kids at the mall the other night and they said you had her so great being a mom is the best ever CONGRATS!!!

Makayla Steiner said...

Awww... she's really cute!

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

I got your fun comment! How have you been feeling? How has your recovery been? Call me sometime between naps that I know you are not, but hope you are getting! :)