Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update: More kidney stones, and a kidney infection, and the flu.....

Sorry, no pics.....but I don't think you'd want to see any with this story anyway!
I've been having issues with my right kidney off and on for a few weeks now...so here's a little update:

Saturday before Mother's Day I was having a good day (i.e. I could hardly feel any pain at all)!
We planted our garden, my parents came up, it was a fun day! About 9:00 p.m. it hit.....the pain came on hard and fast.....I thought I was going to die for the next 3 hours....which involved excruciating pain, throwing up from the pain, a priesthood blessing, Daniel massaging my kidney area and then finally some relief! There is always and episode similar to this while passing a kidney stone! Not fun! :( However what happened next had never happened before....my body kinda went into shock and I started shaking uncontrollably, this lasted for a while and then I was finally able to sleep! In the morning I had a fever, a pounding headache, felt weak, pulse racing, I could barely lift my head off my pillow, etc...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ME.........HA HA! I felt like this for the next day and Daniel drove me down to St. George where I could get some help from my mom and my grandma! Yea!!! I felt the same on tuesday so I went to see a doctor who told me I looked like "death warmed over"......which is also how I felt! It turns out the kidney stones and infection had lowered my immune system and I had also caught the flu! Well, it is Thursday now and I am starting to feel better! Still got a ways to go, but I am grateful for the improvement thus far! I am also so thankful to my wonderful mother and grandmother who have taken such good care of me and my family! Love you guys! :) Also thanks to those who have called to check on me! You guys are so sweet!

5 comments:

Megs said...

OH Mica! You poor girl! :( I am so sorry you got yucky-sick over Mothers day! That sucks! I am really glad that you got to a Dr and everything is on the mend now! The flu too? Soooo not right! About 2months after I had Izzy I had my first experience with the Kidney Infection...wow, they really DO suck! I had the fever chills/shakes too, so horrible! I was shaking so hard that Josh made me get in a hot shower in the middle of the night to warm up and then all my muscles were sore the next day from all that stupid shaking!
YAY for your wonderful family! I am so glad that they are nearby to help out, that is wonderful! I miss being close to family, I was lucky I got sick on a weekend so Josh didn't have to miss any classes!
I am so glad you are feeling better, you take care! :D

Jill said...

OMG! I'm so sorry! Anything involving your kidney's is awful. I sure am glad you're feeling better now. Love ya!

Lea said...

Mica doesn't sound fun at all. Sorry you have to go through that! Hope you feel better real soon and hope to see you at the family reunion! Can't wait! Love ya!

Lauri and Randy said...

Hope you're feeling better, keep up on the herbs to keep from a relaps Love ya, mom

Di said...

Thank heavens for Mommys!!!